Y-type line strainers protect your fluid handling system against the damage that can occur to valves, traps and other equipment when foreign matter such as dirt, scale or welding particles travel through the pipeline. Available with threaded or flanged end connections in Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Bronze or Cast Iron; for services up to 1480 psi.
Strainers feature a machine-tapered seat for a perfect fit of the removable strainer screen; and a blow-off plug that can be replaced with an optional ball valve for inline blow down of dirt, scale, etc.Features
- For maximum protection, collected material must be discharged through the blow-off connection on a routine basis.
- A permanent blow-down line and ball valve with each strainer will result in simplified cleaning.
- Install horizontally or vertically with dirt collecting inside the screen.
- Screen can also be removed and cleaned with solvent and compressed air.
- Inspect the gasket and replace if necessary when replacing the screen.